my birthday wish list!
Clothes, from top: UO Rosebud Dress, Suede Bowling Oxfords at Marie's Vintage, Mod 60s Drop Waist Dress at Red Letter Days Vintage, UO Cable Knit Knee Highs, Velvet Bird's Bow Pendant Necklace, UO Cut Out Lace Up Wedges
Well, I turn 24 on September 16th, which is less than four weeks away.. and here is my wish list! Yay for birthdays.
1. Feminine everything, like Topshop's Chiffon Tutu Skirt. And this lovely Tie Top by Twelve by Twelve. Bows, lace, florals, layered tiers. Everything that bewitched me this summer will surely do the same in the fall.
2. Bright Colors.. they are growing on me.. especially that drop waist dress from Meaghan's shop, above!
3. The Sartorialist - the new paperback edition.
4. Wedges with a masculine feel. The UO ones above are perfect.
5. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil. I'm addicted.
6. PLAID. You should have seen all of the plaid skirts I bought at Goodwill the other day.. sadly, none of them were my size, which means to the shop they go.
7. David Bowie CDs.. and lots of them!
8. A cuckoo clock.
9. The Beatles Rock Band!
10. Knee high socks in pretty yet subtle patterns.
11. The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald. After reading A Moveable Feast by Hemingway and watching a Fitzgerald documentary, I am more than ready to dive into this book.
12. Fur accessories. I bought an H&M fur-lined cardigan last spring, and I love the way I feel in it - so grown-up and a bit bohemian at the same time. Here's a great BB Dakota fur vest from Chick Downtown.
13. A piano! An old, inexpensive, weathered upright that I can paint and play and make my own.
14. At the top of my birthday list? Gift cards, honestly. It's not a personal gift, but it's the one I will appreciate the most. Neil and I have been living on a tight budget lately, so the liberating feeling of going shopping would be euphoric.
So, what do all of your fall wish lists look like?
On a random endnote, my sister Ash just showed me this incredible site filled with beautiful belts and collars and headbands that I am currently coveting. They showed up in September's Teen Vogue, and wow.. well.. you should all check them out. I don't recall the last time I had $200 to blow on a headband, probably because I never have had the money to do something so outlandish, but man alive. We can dream.